Mosel Green by Margaret Price
Summary:

Color 4 - Green
A gift from Dorian to Klaus causes contemplation


Characters: Dorian, Klaus
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Rainbow Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 316 Read: 5511 Published: 21/10/2007 Updated: 21/10/2007
Story Notes:
FanFic 100 prompt: 014 - Green
Pyramid Dares: Set 2, Level 9 - Foreign Language

1. Green by Margaret Price

Green by Margaret Price

Color Four - Green

Mosel Green

DORIAN

When the Major first told him that he approved of the color of Mosel's Wehlener Sonnenuhr wine bottle, the Earl was struck by the incongruity of the remark. Somewhere within that iron shell beat the heart of a romantic. Rare glimpses of this truth never failed to surprise the Earl, catching him off guard with each occurrence. Admiring the beauty of polished steel. Arranging a mysterious train trip. Appreciating the green of a wine bottle.

The green that matched his eyes, the Earl thought with a smile.

The Major kept his romantic side carefully hidden. Ignored the Earl's overtures and outright declarations. Could he really just ignore the language of love? Or...perhaps he simply did not understand it.

One of these days, he would have to teach the Major. Continue until he was as fluent in it as he was in English.

One of these days...

*

KLAUS

Klaus sat in the study of Schloss Eberbach, looking at the dark green wine bottle in the center of his desk. Why had he told the Earl that he approved of the color? That one admission had caused him no end of trouble, none the least of which was the fact that each bottle of Mosel's Wehlener Sonnenuhr was accompanied by a card proclaiming the Earl's devotion.

Eroica called it the language of love. Klaus called it romantic drivel.

Klaus stared down at the card, the flowery words on it so much gibberish, as far as he was concerned. He was fluent in at least seven languages, and could get by in several others. But this...language of love was beyond his comprehension.

Klaus tore up the card, tossing it in the trash. The wine was given to his butler to be placed in the wine cellar, along with all the others. One of these days, he would have to send them back to the Earl.

One of these days...

*

This story archived at http://www.fried-potatoes.com/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=202