- Text Size +

Seven: Start Again

Klaus lay looking up at the ceiling, one hand idly running through Dorian's soft blond curls. The Earl had his head on his bare chest and was gently stroking his skin, listening to the beating of his heart.

"Klaus...?"

"Hmmm?"

"Let's not fight anymore."

Dorian was surprised when the response to this was a chuckle. "What's so funny?"

"You might as well say we shouldn't breathe anymore."

"Klaus, I'm trying to be serious." Dorian sat up a bit to look him in the eye.

"I'm always serious," Klaus countered.

Dorian leaned over and kissed him. "I know, that's why I love you."

"It's why you hate me, too."

"Wha..." Dorian's mouth dropped open. "I do not hate you."

Again, Klaus chuckled. "Yes, you do." He shifted position, pushing Dorian back so their positions were reversed. "You said that's what makes the reconciliations more...passionate," he said, giving him a kiss as if to prove it.

"Well...I can't argue with that."

When Klaus started to nibble his neck, Dorian gave a contented moan. "Oh, just one thing..."

"What?" came the muffled reply.

"Your men... D'you really think they'll stop that silly office pool now?"

Klaus leaned back, looking him in the eye. "They'd better."

Dorian grinned devilishly. "Wanna bet on it?"

# # #