- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Suspend all thought of reality here. Welcome to my happy little AU world. The dates are of my own imagination... Not canon so there (bee~dah). Weiss Kreuz isn't mine and neither is From Eroica With Love. Blood from a turnip, etc etc. This is a yaoi fic and I'll do as I please with the boys!

Spoilers: Aya's real name, Bits of Omi's past, my warped version of Estet's fate.

PROLOGUE:
Out Of The Dark Night That Covers Me

Europe Late 70's

She is known only as Erika. She is the best agent in her field, rumored to have disgraced diplomats and soldiers with ease. Never has she tasted defeat, until now. Seducing the man had been easy. Failure came from the lack of information she needed. Still Eberbach had proved an enjoyable bed toy.

Nine Months Later
"It's a boy Erika. Oh so healthy and look at those eyes... So green..." The baby lay in the nurses arms, quiet, as though worn out from the stress of birth. He was a stunning child with faint wisps of red hair.

"Take him away."

The nurse gasped at the harshly voiced order from the woman. "But he is your son!"

"He is a sign of my disgrace. I have no son." At those coldly pronounced words, the nameless baby began to cry.


Ten Years Later:

"His name is Sasha. He is but one more unwanted child in the training center. They are the cast-off children of their country. Expendable bits of humanity trained to kill on command, and even in this place of fellow misfits, he is alone.

He has heard the whispers, felt the hateful looks. He knows what they think of him. He is different from them. He had learned early on to hide his gift. It would do no good for them to know why no one could lie to him. So he locked everything inside, the quiet sad boy with crimson hair and glass green eyes that seemed to look through everyone.

He devoted himself to his training to become a living weapon. He was flawless, unstoppable, the perfect killer.


Nine Years Later:

He is Shuldich now, the redheaded telepath of Schwartz. The insults still follow him, the hurtful jeers. But now he had others to stand by him. Nagi, Crawford, Farfarello, he was no longer alone. Somewhere along the way they become more than co-workers. They were a family. Telepath, Precog, Telekinetic, and a man who could feel no physical pain. They were the best of the best, and with Estet gone, they were free.


CHAPTER ONE:
Black As The Pit From Pole To Pole

He had thought the American insane. He ranted at length to his leader about the plan. What the hell did he mean 'We need to protect Weiss'? Those brats were doing their best to destroy Schwartz!

Crawford had remained firm and Nagi silently back the older man up. So they began to manipulate their battles, shielding the white hunters without being obvious. Oddly enough, it was young Ran who realized it first.

It had been one of those missions. The kind that left Shuldich's nerves on edge for days afterwards. When he had served his country as a killer, he had sought out those that wished to up their status by sleeping with him and worked out his savage mood between a pair of slender thighs.

The young leader of Weiss had squared off against the telepath in the old warehouse. Their battle had ranged all over the building, a violent confrontation that to any onlooker looked lethal. As it was, Shuldich was actually having a good time up to that point. Mostly due to the fact that Ran could not hide his thoughts from the telepath, so there was no chance of surprise... or so he thought.

They worked their way from the upper catwalk to the floor. A quick glance showed Crawford squared off against Kudo while Farf tangled with Ken. Somehow Nagi ended up fighting with Omi. He returned his attention to the battle and sent a sharp blow to the redhead's nose. Had it connected, it would have shattered bone and cartilage, sending the deadly fragments into the pale youth's brain. Shuldich didn't think it would connect, after all the youth way as quick and agile as his namesake but in the next second, Ran dropped his guard.

Eyes wide with horror, Shuldich realized that it would connect. 'Fuck! Pull it PULL IT!' he thought as he tried to stop the blow. He 'pathed to Nagi and the boy sent a TK grip to help him. The blow stopped less than an inch from Ran's face. The power behind the punch caused his fist too literally 'snap' in the air.

The battle ceased. The combatants stared at the tableau before them... And then Shuldich lost his temper. He swore brilliantly in German for nearly three minutes, panting and pale. He ended with; "Do you have a fucking death-wish?"

The Japanese boy just stared at him. Those beautiful orchid eyes empty. Shuldich spat out a few more nasty phrases as an explosion rocked the building. He heard Omi call out, telling the redhead that his sister was found. Crawford called the retreat as Nagi held the roof up.

~ Get your sister and get the hell out of here Fujimiya. Estet is no more. ~

'Why?'

By this point they had evacuated the building. Weiss was retreating, young Aya-chan held snug in the arms of her brother. All under the watchful gaze of Schwartz.

~ It doesn't matter. Just get out of this life before it destroys you. ~

They had maybe six weeks of blessed peace before Omi tracked them down. It shouldn't have been a surprise. The boy was brilliant. They had discovered the truth about Schwartz. So the young assassins broke away from Kritiker and struck out on their own. And so the truce was proposed. They would work together for the time being.

It took time to build the trust needed to be a team. But it worked. With their numbers doubled, they were free to take bigger assignments and still have someone on hand to look after Aya-chan. The pretty girl recovered quickly in her new home. Between the two teams they had more than enough resources to help the girl heal.

Farf took to her almost immediately, declaring that the girl had 'cheated god' by her very survival. The scarred Irishman doted on the girl, a rather disturbing picture really. Aya-chan, still innocent of what these men did while working with her brother, took the care with good grace.

Strangely enough it as Yohji that got though to Farf where Aya-chan failed. It was gratifying to see their comrade slowly reconnect with the world. The slender former PI seemed to understand the damaged Irishman, anchoring him to a reality that he had held distant for so many years.

Nagi and Omi quickly developed a rather friendly rivalry. Everything from manga to computers was involved. Crawford was just grateful that the youth was helping Nagi recover as well. The lost Takatori taught the quiet teen how to play. And though Nagi was by no means 'bubbly' or normal... There was an occasional smile on his lips. Crawford doted a bit on both boys.

Ken adjusted the fastest. Perhaps it was due to his youth. He seemed to connect with the younger members of Weiss and Schwartz in a 'Trust No One Over Nineteen' mentality. He tried to keep things a bit light hearted, often including Aya-chan into whatever mischief they had planned. The girl positively bloomed in the company.

Ran had perhaps the hardest time of all of them. Suddenly a large part of his burden was gone form his shoulders. His sister was awake, and healing, and safe. His enemies turned out to be his saviors.


CHAPTER TWO:
I Thank Whatever Gods May Be

NATO OFFICE OF MAJOR EBERBACH

Klaus scowled at the stack of papers on his desk. In the last three weeks he had searched for information on Schwartz and an assassin named Shuldich. He had found almost nothing any paper trail he might have left had been wiped out by a very good hacker. So good that not even Dorian's contacts turned up any information.

There was only a handful of hard records that NATO possessed on the red head. And those files only held scant information that Klaus had learned the night he had met the younger man. He leaned back in his chair, his cigarette sending lazy rings of smoke about his head as he thought back to that night those weeks ago...


THREE WEEKS AGO: BERLIN

Dust and smoke rolled forth in waves as the building shuddered. Then a slim figure slowly emerged. Klaus coughed, not moving from where he lay, shielding Dorian from debris.

Dorian blinked slowly, barely able to make out white clothing and stark red hair. The young man moved between the fallen men and their attackers.

"Well if it isn't Estet's little pet. What are you going to do boy? Parlor tricks?"

"Mischa... after all these years, you're still an asshole." the redhead murmured as he flicked the cigarette he held into the air. The glowing ember struck the bald man between the eyes.

Furious the Russian opened fire, but the bullets never reached their target. Instead the lethal projectile stopped scant inches from the grinning man.

"Really Cub, did you think it would be that easy?"

~ Thanks for the save Nagi. ~

'Welcome Shuldich.'

~ Have you reset the charges? ~

'Hai. We're about to let Farf and Ran-kun loose.'

~ Understood. ~

~ Ran, Get ready. ~

'Hai, Shu'

"Tell me, Mischa, do you believe in God?"

"Why would a slut like you want to know?"

Shuldich didn't flinch at the crude insult, but something in his soul shivered. He had heard those vicious words many times before. His lips lifted in a cool smile.

"Jealous because I can get some, Mischa?"

The older man snarled and moved forward, intent on dealing the redhead bodily harm. Shuldich fell into a ready stance. Klaus reached for his gun.

Dorian would later tell his men that what happened was like watching death dance. A lithe form clad in a rather sexy black duster dropped from the ruins of the catwalk. Katana in hand, crimson locks flying, he roared, "Mischa SHI~INE!"

At the same time silvery blades flew through the air, embedding into the satellites with lethal accuracy. Klaus traced the trajectory to a thin silver haired man also clad in white. A black eye-patch covered one eye; the other gleamed with golden madness. The two men moved to flank Shuldich.

"You still make the same mistakes Mischa. Go Home to the Polar Bear, School's out."

Another round of explosions began, rocking the building. Timbers groaned as structural supports failed in the wake of carefully placed C-4. As Dorian and Klaus slowly stood, they heard a softly voiced question.

"Daijobu desu ka?"

"'m fine. Let's get out of here before Balinese and Bombay blow this place from under our feet."

The pale young man glanced over his shoulder, a knife pressed to his lips. A strange smile lifted his lips and he murmured with an Irish lilt, "They hurt God..."

A curiously gentle look lit the Japanese youth's face. He murmured softly to the slender Irishman as they moved towards the exit. Shuldich paused and looked over his shoulder. Two pairs of identical green eyes met, and the redhead nodded to them.

"You might want to get out of here, Major. My associates are very good at their jobs and this building won't be up much longer.

Klaus and Dorian struggled out of the building both haunted by a pair of green eyes.

Klaus roused himself from the memory of eyes so like his own as Dorian all but danced into his office, James in tow. The three of them had made peace some time before, but only gathered together after hours in Klaus's office.

"Darling, Jamesie is brilliant! Tell him what you found, lovely."

Klaus fought down a smile as James glowed under the praise. The slender man held out a sheaf of papers. Klaus took them, gesturing to both Englishmen to sit down. Klaus opened the file and paled. The documents were authentic, of that there was no doubt. But the contents of that file changed the Major's life.

"Do we know where they are now?"

"No, they take only a certain kind of client these days. They can only be contacted by the means shown in the file. Darling?"

Klaus wordlessly held the file open to Dorian. Inside it detailed information on 'Shuldich's' early years. And within that file was a face Klaus remembered from his early years in NATO. During those first few years when he made a name for himself as the Iron Major. She had appeared in Germany, had even spent time at Schloss.

"I need to speak with my Father."

"Klaus?"

The major held out a glossy 8x10 of the woman listed as 'Shuldich's' mother. In the picture she was wrapped in the embrace of a black haired, green eyed German. There was an odd anger in Klaus's eyes, almost betrayal. A warm weight settled into his lap as Dorian looked at the photo. James nuzzled the older man's neck and murmured, " I'm sorry."

The feel of him in his arms was soothing. He held the slender man tighter as Dorian uttered a startled curse. Understanding lit blue eyes as Dorian set the picture down and moved to Klaus's side.

"I have a brother..."


UNDISCLOSED LOCATION

"Shu~shu-kun?"

The telepath looked up from his book; green eyes warm with affection. He patted the grass next to him in invitation.

"Yes, Aya-chan?"

A slim bundle of feminine of outrage hit his lap. He was suddenly nose to nose with a very crabby teenage girl.

"You wouldn't happen to know why every boy that has shown interest in me now shudders in terror whenever they see me now would you?"

It was hard, but he managed to quell a snicker, "Now Aya-chan, what makes you think I would know anything about that?"

"Shu-shu... Do you ever want to get laid again?" The petite girl curved her fingers like claws and grinned.

"Yohji's been teaching you again, hasn't he."

"Don't try to change the subject. Now have you been scaring my potential boyfriends away?"

"No."

She eyed him a few more minutes, then nodded. He received a sweet kiss on the cheek before she stood and straightened her skirt. "Thanks, Shu-kun."

"Where are you going, Aya-chan?"

"Gonna go terrorize, Ran-kun."

Shuldich shook his head. He had warned Ran to not be so over-protective. Now the youth would have to deal with all ninety-five pounds of his irritated little sister.

"Hell hath no fury like a teenager with a sabotaged social life."


SCHLOSS EBERBACH:

"Father? We need to talk."


CHAPTER THREE:
For My Unconquerable Soul

The slamming of the door brought James and Dorian back to awareness. The slamming was followed by the foulest curse words either man had ever heard. The Major was in a rare rage this night. The two Britons began damage control. Dorian pulled out a bottle of Mosel while James guided their furious lover into a chair.

Klaus sat there for long minutes, his head cradled in his hand. Then he spoke, "He knew."

The words were as bleak as his eyes.

"Darling... He knew about Shuldich?"

"The whole fucking time, Dorian. He knew I had a younger brother behind the Iron Curtain and he did nothing!" Klaus lunged from the chair and it went skidding across the floor.

"It's not your fault, Klaus... What could you have done?"

"I could have gotten him out. I could have saved him."

James tried his hand at calming the dark warrior down, "But he's safe now..."

"He's an assassin. Used to be under Estet's control. The group was called Schwartz. He's some kind of Psi-soldier. We stopped the Russians from getting involved in a similar project but..."

Klaus started to shake and his lovers embraced him. Dorian reached over to turn off the lamp near the couch. He understood that sometimes a strong man needed darkness to shed tears.

"I could have saved him..."


UNDISCLOSED LOCATION

Shuldich sat up in bed, eyes searching the shadows. He knew he had heard someone speaking... And he had felt the sorrow in those words. A quick surface scan revealed that his 'family' was tucked in and safely asleep. He pushed aside his covers and headed for the kitchen. If nothing else a shot of Aspa and coke would calm his nerves to let him sleep.

He hadn't felt this jumpy in years. Not since... No he wouldn't think of it! But the memory came anyway. Memory of his fateful meeting with his father.


GERMANY: SIX YEARS PRIOR

Sascha leaned against the side of the building with ease. He was well armed and alone. His superiors had no problems turning him loose for solo missions any longer. They were fools. For the quiet redhead held no love for the government that trained him as a weapon. The last hold over him was gone now.

His mother, if she could be called such, had died that morning. He had felt her spirit leave her body. There were no words for her unwanted child, just the mental image of the man below him. The man that sired him Colonel Heinz von dem Eberbach.

Sascha stepped out of the shadows, letting the older man get a good look at him. The horror in the old man's mind nearly staggered him. It was closely followed by suspicion. Despair filled the youth's green eyes and he turned away, ignoring the old man's summons.

Sascha should not exist. His existence was a crime. He was guilty.

He was Shuldich...


PRESENT

He shook off the dark thoughts, wondering why that charming meeting chose to plague him. It had been a little over three weeks since he had saved the Major.

The Major.

"Oh damn... Not now. Not when I've finally started to get my life together. Not when I finally found a family."

He laid his head onto the table and rubbed absently at his shoulder. The phantom pains rarely bothered him. Only when he was in a particularly foul mood, or brooding over the past, or whenever he saw a golf club...

"Why would he look for me now? Why after all these years? Did the old man decide he needed a spare to go with his heir? Why would the bigot want his bastard-assassin-faggot of a son now?"


BONN FLAT:

"Why didn't your father ever say anything?"

Klaus was much calmer now. Dorian was braced against his back, and James was curled into his lap. The feel of slim fingers smoothing his hair relaxed his tense muscles. He pressed a kiss to James, shoulder and murmured, "Honor."

"What?"

"'e said that he didn't want to stain the family honor..." Klaus gave a short bark of bitter laughter. "He had sex with an enemy agent who was trying to either kill me or capture me, and he was worried about having an illegitimate child." He ran a hand over his face and groaned, "And the only one to pay for his mistake was my brother."

He ran over the tense meeting in his mind, scrutinizing his father's every expression and gesture. The older man... If he felt any sorrow or guilt for abandoning his son he didn't show it. He justified the decision by saying that 'the boy' couldn't be trusted. It would look bad for Klaus to have an enemy raised brother.

It had turned the Major's stomach. He listened to his father's speech, then excused himself to his rooms. Where he was violently ill.

He remembered raiding one of those Child Centers in his younger days. He personally had to kill two children, no more than twelve years old. They had begged him, inside his mind, to end their pain.

They were unable to speak due to a shattered jaw on the girl and severed vocal cords on the boy. Both injuries happened during their training. Some of the children were saved, but so many ended up dead. Many took their own lives as their power raged beyond their control.

He had held a sweet little five-year-old in his arms as she had faded away, driven to her death by the empathic powers she held.

He packed his bags quickly and left the castle without a word.

"I don't know if I can forgive him... But now..."

"Darling what do you want to do?"

"I want to find my brother, meet him." It was rather illogical for him. The paranoid Iron Major wanting to meet his bastard assassin half brother. But in the last years Klaus had learned the need for those you can call family. Family wasn't bloodlines. It was people who loved you.

"I want to meet him."


UNDISCLOSED LOCATION

"What's wrong?"

"Nani?"

"You're jumpy tonight."

"'s nothing. Didn't sleep well."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Nein. I'm fine Brad. See to Omi. He's getting jumpy, this close to Takatori."

He watched the tall American headed off to tend to the youngest of the their allies. The teen relaxed into the older assassin's hold, calming visibly.

~ We put the 'fun, in Dysfunctional... Don't any of us have normal family lives? ~

~ No, we don't. Normal people don't end up like us. ~

~ Thank you, Ken-kun. Now can we just kill this bastard and go home? ~

~ Shu-kun? What's wrong. ~

~ 'm not sure Ran. Just a bad feeling. Like... ~

~ There's our target. ~

~ Fuck! They added more guards. Looks like their expecting us Brad. ~

~ Go option B. Shu, take 12 o'clock blue. Ran, flank him. ~

~ Ryoukai ~

~ Got it, Brad. ~

~ Omi and Nagi are with me. Let's get this done. ~

~ Thank Kami we left Farf at home. This could have been a real blood bath. ~

Shuldich moved into a ready position. The assault started quickly as he dropped Takatori's bodyguards. Nagi easily slammed up a shield to protect them from stray bullets. Shuldich slid around the paralyzed guards and snarled at their target. And in the next instant he froze.

There, not three feet from his target, stood Colonel von dem Eberbach.

~ Nagi can you grab the old man? ~

~ I think so Shu, but it will leave your flank open. ~

~ Just do it Leib-chan. I'll handle it. ~

Nagi hoisted the older man clear as Shuldich fired a single round into the head of the white-slaver before him. The Yakuza boss dropped to the ground, blood pouring out of his shattered skull. With their boss dead, the guards took off.

~ Let them go? ~

~ They are no threat. Let's go home. ~

"I was right about you."

Shuldich froze, but didn't turn around. "Right about what?"

"You are not worthy of the Eberbach name."

"I may be a killer, but I don't consort with White-slavers. Does the Major know about that, old man?"

Shuldich kept walking as the old man sputtered and cursed. He knew that the other German had no idea what his victim was up to, but he didn't care at that point. His words rang in his head.

'I was right... Not worthy...'

~ Fuck you, too, old man. I am what you and Colonel Rika made me. Live with it. ~

Heinz froze as the words entered his mind.

'Dear Gott.'

~ Had very little to do with it. Try not to get the Major killed. He deserves better. ~

Shuldich climbed into the Range Rover Crawford acquired for them. All he wanted was the oblivion of sleep...


BONN FLAT

"Damn old man is worse than the Chief!" Klaus snarled as the vision came to him. Dorian glanced up from the paper.

"What is it Darling?"

"Old man confronted Shuldich about his work."

"Is he still alive."

"Ja. He wasn't Shuldich's target. They got a white-slaver."

"Klaus," James's voice was soft with concern. "How do you know that?"

"I saw it... I saw it all through his eyes."


CHAPTER FOUR
In The Fell Clutch Of Circumstance

UNDISCLOSED LOCATION:

"Okay Shu-shu what's wrong?"

Shuldich smiled at Aya-chan. The girl developed a knack for tracking down any of her 'Anikis' when they were upset. He almost wondered if she had an empathic gift.

" 's nothing little one. Just old memories."

The younger Fujimyia handed him a mug of tea. They sat in companionable silence for a bit longer, "Want to talk about it?"

A tense hand ran through crimson locks. "Aya-chan..."

"Hmm?"

"Nevermind."

"Go to sleep Shu-shu-kun. Tomorrow is your turn to take Farfie to the park."

'Shit.'

A soft giggle trailed down the hall as the girl retreated to her rather plush room.

~ What are you up to Major? What do you want from me? ~

DREAMTIME

"I have no son!"

"Freak!"

"Not Worthy..."

~ Great another one of those nights. ~

Then he heard something new. Different voices that mocked a new comer to the Dream-Time.

'Psychopath!'

'Maniac!'

'Disgrace to the Eberbach Name!'

The sneers and catcalls surrounded a dark warrior in the center of the maestrom.

~ Shit ~

Suhldich pushed his way through the visions to stand before his brother. He held the Major's face with steady hands, forcing those green eyes to meet his.

~ 'S not real. They only have the power you grant them Major. ~

'How do I fight them?'

~ With what gives you your strength. ~

With that reply more figures solidified out of the ether. He recognised the one-eyed mad man and hte duster clad red-head. Then others came. A dark haired man with glasses who was flanked by to angelic looking boys. A tall youth with shaggy chestnut hair slouched near a dark haired youth holding a soccerball. A smiling girl holding a single violet came last, her eyes filled with compassion and gentleness.

~ This is what gives me strength. ~

Klaus nodded and focused on the two loves in his life. A blue eyed blond with a wicked smile and a dark eyed, dark haired young man holding a calculator. The smaller rested in Klaus' arms while the blond stood behind them, his arms draped over the Major's shoulders like a bulky necklace.

Shuldich grinned, it was a sure bet the old man knew nothing of this!

The nightmarish visions faded until their 'strength' was no longer needed. When the two stood alone and the dreamscape changed. Suddenly they were standing in a comfortable sitting room.

~ So why have you sought me out? The old man wants nothing to do with me. ~ Shuldich gestured for Klaus to sit.

'You are my brother. I want to know you.' Klaus sat as Shuldich mulled over his words.

'If I had known, I would have come for you.'

Somewhere in Shuldich's soul, an old wound began to heal.

~ Bitte ~

'Hm?'

~ For telling me that. ~

Klaus paused, 'I want to meet with you.'

~ That isn't wise. Meeting a known assassin could destroy your career. ~

'Right now I don't care.'

~ I'll think on it. But now it is time to wake up. ~

'Will I be able to meet with you like this again?'

~ Ja. The Dream-Time is open to you know Major. ~

Shuldich gasped as he was abruptly tugged into a rough hug.

'Guten Nacht little brother.'

Morning found Shuldich in a good mood. His brother wanted him. He would have saved him from the Training Center if he had known! Klaus didn't see him as a freak, but as family.

"You are happy."

"Ja, Farf, I am happy."

"Why?"

"My brother. He does not hate me as our father does."

"He is the one with the blond? From the warehouse?"

"Ja, Farfie."

"Good. Don't let the father of lies take him from you."

"I won't Farfie. Now what do you want to do today?"

"The Park, then ice-cream."

Shuldich smiled and led the Irishman to the park some miles distant from their safehouse. He was begining to heal in the last few months. His mind would never be fully intact, but he no longer had to sleep or live in a cell within a straight-jacket. Jei was slowly strating to come to light and Faferello was retreating until needed. Life was finally going their way.

Some sixty yards distant, a KGB agent took note of them and reported back to the Cub.

BONN: NATO OFFICE OF MAJOR EBERBACH

It was eerie, like the calm before the storm. The Major was in a good mood. He had smiled when he entered the office! It was like three of the four Horsemen showing up at your door with a note from Famine saying, 'Stopped for a snack, be there soon.'

Many wondered who the Major had mauled and or killed to feel that pleasant. Others wondered if they ought to try and beat the rush for Alaska. Only A, Z, and G seemed unaffected. They continued to work quietly, two striving not to draw attention to themselves while the third ignored the tension.

INSIDE THE MAJOR'S OFFICE

Klaus quickly waded through the paperwork on his desk. His life, he decided, was on an upswing. He had two wonderful lovers to go home to, and now a little brother that he was proud of. Nothing could spoil his mood.

Then the phone rang.


CHAPTER FIVE
I Have Neither Winced Nor Cried Aloud

"Eberbach."

"Klaus."

Klaus felt his stomach knot. He'd not spoken to his father since learning about Shuldich. He didn't want to talk to the older man now.

"Sir."

"Has Shuldich contacted you?"

"Nein." It was true to an extent. Klaus guessed that he had contacted Shuldich, if the redhead's surprise last night was any indicator.

"Gut. You are to have no contact with that creature."

"Why?" Klaus, voice was clipped, and he felt his temper begin to oil.

"He is a killer. He murdered a man last night."

"Fujin Takatori, a white slaver who caters to pedophiles. He was known to NATO. Anyone willing to stop filth like that deserves a medal. I have work to do Sir, good day."

Klaus hung up the phone then flung it against the wall. The rage was taking control and he tried to fight it down,

SAFEHOUSE

Shuldich gasped as rage, not his own, poured over his mind. He sank to his knees, and was dimly aware of Yohji lifting him. The couch was a welcome cushion as he tried to ride out the blinding anger. He bit his lip and tried to calm his brother.

~ Klaus... KLAUS! ~

'Shu?'

~ Please brother, calm down... ~ Shuldich's vision was gray around the edges.

'I'm hurting you! Gott... I'm sorry Shuldich.'

Regret and affection mixed with concern began to push the burning anger back. Shuldich gasped and began to relax.

'I'm sorry Shu. I did not mean to cause you harm.'

~ 'S okay now. What did the old man do? ~

'Nothing new. How was your 'Farfie Day'?'

Shuldich gave a mental chuckle was Yohji brushed his bright hair back from his face. ~ It was fine brother. You are getting very adept at the link. ~

'Ja it is easy to check up on you.'

~ Very funny. So what did the old man say to get you that angry? ~

'Doesn't matter, because I'll be damned if I'll listen to him. Did tell him you deserved a medal for dropping Takatori.'

~ KLAUS! ~

' 'S the truth. Now you rest while I go terrorize my alphabet.'

~ You could be a little kinder to them ~

' Mm... Nein, 's fun to watch them jump when I snarl.'

~ You,re evil. ~

'Ja, rest well brother.'

~ Don't be too mean to them. ~

REALTIME

"Shuldich? Daijobu?"

"Hai Omi-kun. I'm fine."

"What happened?"

"The old man pissed off the Major. I got the blow back."

"Are you okay now?"

"Ja kitten. Klaus has it under control now.

BONN

Klaus eyed the door to his office; a near terrifying smirk lifted his lips. He walked quietly to the door and listened.

Silence, as though every man in the other room held his breath. They were waiting for the explosion of bad temper that almost always followed one of his father's calls.

'Far be it from me to disappoint them.'

He threw the door open hard enough to rattle the glass. Twenty-three men jumped at the noise and stared at their commanding officer with wide eyes.

"IDIOTS! Stop playing around. There is work to be down!"

His gaze swept left to right taking not the Z and A were still hard at work. G was no where in sight however...

"G! Get out from under that desk!"

There came a sound like a head connecting with a table, followed by a yelp. Klaus retreated to his office and shut the door before snickering.

Some days it was wonderful to be Iron Klaus.

He glared at the shattered remains of his phone.

And some days it wasn't.