- Text Size +
Story Notes:

FanFic 100 prompt: 019 - White
Pyramid Dares: Set 2, Level 9 - Disco

Color Nine - White

How Far Is Too Far?

 

Dorian didn't think he had ever seen the Major so angry, and considering how long he'd known the man, that was saying a lot.

It's his own fault, he thought as he hightailed it down the street, trying and failing to get lost in the crowd. He never should've pulled that stunt with the police. He should've known I'd retaliate. Is it my fault the exploding cigarettes I planted set off security alarms?

"I'm gonna kill you when I get my hands on you, God dammit!" the Major thundered from behind him.

Not if I can help it, Major.

Dorian spotted a nightclub and made straight for it. Perfect. I can lose myself in the crowd and sneak out the back way.

Or so he thought.

As soon as Dorian was through the door, he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Oi! Where d'you think you're goin'?" a gruff voice called out.

Shit, cover charge! Dorian opened his eyes, intending to start searching his pockets for cash. Instead, his mouth dropped open. Then his eyes grew to the size of dinner plates when he saw the club was packed with women. Only women.

Oh, Christ!

"Ladies only, mate," the gruff voice went on behind him.

The Earl turned to the person who had spoken, and blinked. The growling voice did not go with the face at all. Dorian had expected a large, hairy gorilla type, but found himself nearly eye-to-eye with a well-built blond Adonis, who seemed to melt beneath his intense gaze.

"Ooooh," the Adonis nearly purred out. "Please, tell me you're one of the performers."

Dorian flashed the man his most dazzling smile, moving closer to put a hand beneath his chin. "What do you think, you handsome brute?"

"Mmmmmmm."

"Would you look at that! He's got Alberto purring like a kitten!" another voice called out.

Alberto reluctantly turned from the Earl. "That's enough from you, Tony!" he called back. Then to Dorian, he said, "If you haven't guessed, that's the dressing room."

"Thank you, Alberto," Dorian drawled, blowing him a kiss as he moved passed. As an afterthought, he said, "Oh! And there's a good-looking, very ill-tempered, dark-haired man who might try to bully his way in here. Don't let him push you around."

"Man troubles?" Tony asked as the Earl walked towards him.

"Are there any other kind?" Dorian replied breezily.

This was met by a chorus of laughter from the group inside the dressing room. As introductions were made, Dorian realized he had stumbled into a strip club that catered to a female clientele.

"I'm sure you've already realized I'm not really a performer," he said hesitantly.

"A stunner like you?" Tony laughed.

Dorian took the compliment with a bright smile. "I prefer my performances be for a private audience." He paused a beat, adding, "And male." Again, the response to this was laughter.

"The majority look but don't touch," a dark-haired god named Kevin replied.

"Unless it's to put money in the G-string," someone rejoined.

Dorian gave way to an involuntary shudder, much to the amusement of the others. Then he heard the unmistakable sound of the Major arguing with Alberto at the door and he cursed under his breath.

"Looks like you'll be hiding out with us a bit longer."

Dorian gave a reluctant nod. "That's not a problem, is it?"

"Depends."

Dorian's eyes narrowed.

Tony waved a hand in the air. "Come on, give it a go. You'll have fun and forget that...man you're having trouble with."

Dorian shook his head. "I don't ... I could never... I mean...not on my own..."

"Ah, nothing to it. Kevin, you can do that double act with him, can't you?"

"Definitely."

Tony turned to the Earl, explaining, "He used to work with a partner. That had a great double act set to disco music."

Dorian scowled. "Disco?"

"Yeah, y'know? John Travolta, Saturday Night Fever."

"Now I know you're just having me on..."

Kevin shook his head, doing the classic move, jutting out one hip while pointing into the air, much to the Earl's amusement. "This place was a disco, back in the day. The floor still lights up. Drove the ladies mad." He pulled a white suit from a clothes rack, running a hand over the material. "Then the idiot went and ran off with this bloke he met on the internet."

Dorian had to stifle a laugh. Then his mouth dropped open when Kevin held out the suit. "You look about the same size. What do you say? Wanna give it a try?"

*

After cooling his heels outside the club for nearly an hour, the Major's patience finally ran out. He had checked around back, discovering that the rear door opened into an alley. But that it was a dead end in one direction, the other leading back to the street at the front. It was here that the officer positioned himself to wait for the Earl to reappear. When this did not happen right away, the officer lit a cigarette and resigned himself to a long wait.

Normally, once he calmed down, the Major would go about seeking other ways of getting even with the Earl other than giving him a black eye. Normally. This situation was by no means normal, the officer reflected darkly as groups of amorous females glanced his way before going into the nightclub.

The Major found himself wishing G were with him. He could send the agent in to search out the Earl...

This brought Klaus up short. What the hell am I thinking? Bloody idiot's making me crazy. This was the last straw. The next thing he knew, he was pushing his way into the nightclub.

"Oi!" Alberto yelled when the officer burst through the doors for a second time that night. "I told you before--" He broke off when the Major opened his coat, revealing his holstered weapon.

"I don't have time for your crap!" Klaus growled. "Where is that blond bugger you perverts are hiding?"

Alberto opened his mouth, only to be cut off.

"And don't give me any crap about not knowing what I'm talking about! I know he's here."

Alberto waved a hand in the direction of the entrance. Belligerent drunks were one thing, armed madmen were another. The blond man was a looker, but he wasn't worth taking a bullet over.

The Major gave a disgusted snort and crossed to the door, stopping just on the threshold. The first thing he did was look for the Earl's unmistakable mop of blond curls. When he did see it, his mouth dropped open in a combination of amazement and horror. Up on the stage, the dancers were being introduced, one of whom was the Earl of Gloria, dressed completely in white, his blond hair glowing like a halo under the lights.

All Klaus could think was he was about to see a repeat performance of the Earl's alcohol induced striptease in Alexandria. Only this time, he would be embarrassing himself in front of a roomful of horny women. After what the Earl had done, the Major had half a mind to let the idiot get himself accosted by...

Oh, hell!

Just as the music began, the Major stormed up to the stage and stood glaring up at the Earl, who seemed oblivious to his presence. When his eyes flickered in his direction, Klaus realized he was being purposely ignored. He climbed up on stage, shocking everyone in the building when he grabbed Dorian by the collar and started to drag him off.

"Oh, Major! Thank goodness you're here!" Dorian cried in a loud, overly dramatic voice. "They were gonna sell me into white slavery!"

"At least you're dressed for it!" Klaus growled back, not even breaking stride.

A ripple of giggles started to move through the audience, who seemed to believe the Major's abrupt appearance was a part of the act. Which only seemed to be verified when Dorian halted their progress just as they got to the exit. He turned to the officer, wrapped his arms around him, and said loudly, "You're my knight in shining armor!" Then he planted a kiss on the stunned Major's lips.

When Dorian pulled back, he broke into a dazzling smile as the audience gave him a standing ovation.

*

"You kissed me in public!"

"And the ladies loved it."

"You kissed me. In public!"

"Oh, pish-tosh. I've kissed you in public before."

"Not on the mouth!"

"So...?" Dorian smiled. "Oh, I get it, when I don't turn up dead, people will begin to talk."

Klaus was stuck for an answer on this one. He gave a disgusted snort, waving a hand in the air. "Shut up and strip."

"But there's no music."

"Do you wanna be force stripped?"

"Oh, do I!"

"No problem. That outfit is hideous."

Dorian gave a laugh, followed by a squeal as Klaus started to pull the clothes from his body. "Are you gonna have your way with me, Major?" he asked breathlessly as he pulled the officer's clothes off.

"It's either that, or I beat the shit out of you."

"Oh, horrors!" the Earl gasped as he was tossed onto the bed. He put a hand to his forehead, striking a dramatic pose. "You brute! I thought you were saving me from white slavery."

"This is what you get for pissing me off," Klaus replied as he climbed on top of him, pinning him bed.

"What if I struggle? Call for--" The rest of Dorian's words were cut off, turning into a purr as his mouth was captured in a passionate kiss. And you wonder why I keep pissing you off.

- END -