- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alternate Universe: Klaus in the American West, present day. (NERO! James-kun abuse! Kawaii!) AU, Nose Cola! SMUT SMUT SMUT! Teenagers with no respect for the speed limit OR the local sheriff! Original Character... no Mary Sue's allowed!

Syx is at it again. No anime is safe! Wah HA! Now that I have new victims. The cast of Eroica ain't mine... Oh how I wish they were. They wouldn't have spent the last 20 some friggin years fighting instead of boinking! Neither do I own NERO the New England Role-players Organization. I do belong to the Colorado Chapter however. So all characters mentioned in this fic belong to those that play them. IE Kasey belongs to the ever-wonderful 'Suze-sama' and Kei the Stoopid belongs to the Almighty of Logistics.

If you would like more information on NERO check out my chapter's website at http://www.nerocolo.com/

 

It was, looking back, a foolish thing to do. After all what did he have to prove to anyone? He would have stayed home if they hadn't gotten mouthy about it...

"K.J. bro you ready?"

"Yeah let's fire this bitch up. I want to be home by dinner."

Marty would have called it a pissing contest, or testosterone poisoning. But he was Klaus Heinz von dem Eberbach, and he didn't take any lip off anyone. Besides no one told him that they could out race him! He chuckled darkly and checked out the 'gallery' that had turned out to watch the race. Besides he still hadn't decided on what to drive for the race.

"K.J.... "

The dark haired youth looked up as Zeke approached with carefully blank expression on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Thought you might want to know, the two dorks with the wanna be racer are shooting off their mouths."

"So?"

"About the kid."

"Say what?" Nine years in America had blunted his accent a bit, but it always grew thick when his moods grew dark. Now his voice was heavy with the music of his birth country.

"Kage... dude ramp down." Abel was often his voice of reason, keeping him out of the nastier bits of trouble. However...

"What did they say about the kid?"

"They called him a few names... Come on Kage, he's okay."

"Zeke, get the B out."

"Miss Marty is gonna be pissed if you wreck, K.J."

"Ain't gonna wreck. But I am gonna dispense a lesson in humility. No one bad mouths my own."

The two boys watched the Iron Wolf stalk over to their mechanic. Abel glared at Zeke, "Ya HAD to fuckin tell him."

"He would have found out eventually and then he would have reacted worse. Besides the kid will need him tonight after the race and you know it."

"You're right... He's gonna humiliate them."

"Yeah... Lets go find a good place to watch the ass whooping commence."

By this point Klaus was near his car where the younger teen was waiting. Between the brunette and the other boys stood the hulking form of his 1979 Ford F150. Klaus could just make out the drying tracks on his pale face. That was enough to anger the teenager.

Klaus smirked. He would drive his 1969 Dodge Super B. It didn't look like much, until you popped the hood. The 420 barely fit, and the muscle car handled the curves and switchbacks like nothing else. He tossed his head, letting the long black braid thud against his back.

"Hey kid."

"K.J."

"How ya doing?"

"I'm... okay."

"What are the odds running?"

"20 to 1 their favor. They have no idea who you are."

"Good, usual bet on me. One more thing."

"Hmm?"

Klaus pulled the younger boy into a rough hug; "This one is for you."

Klaus slid into the seat and fastened the five-point harness Marty had insisted on. He fired up the engine. It roared to life, sending shivers down the spines of the watchers. It had a different effect on the youth standing in the shadow of the vehicle. The warmth from the embrace brought a slight smile out of his face as he began to take bets. Tonight could be profitable.

Jones stood at the starting point for the race as the two cars pulled near. He had no doubts that Dorian would win. What could this yank from the middle of nowhere do? And how old WAS that car anyway? He glanced up to make sure the bets were all placed and began the countdown.

"FIVE... FOUR... THREE..."

The thunder of the engines was near deafening. The red corvette was sleek and purred next to the growling monster in the next lane.

"TWO... ONE... GO!"

The corvette took off like a rocket followed closely by the other car. Jones smirked and left to stand next to Bonham. He was feeling rather smug until he heard the conversation-taking place to his right.

"You're kidding, please tell me they weren't stupid enough to upset the kid with K.J. around and in a mood? Shit no wonder he's driving the B. He's gonna let Blondie get waaaaay out in front and then..."

"He's gonna blow the doors off that 'vette. Damn I'm glad I bet on K.J. He'll be out for payback in a big bad way. What did Zeke say?"

"Just that he got real quiet."

"Oh joy. The calm before the storm. Gage, this race was over before it started."

"Yup."

During this revelation Dorian was blazing down the road, loving the feel of a powerful machine under him. The CD player sent forth the magical tones of Beethoven's Eroica symphony. It was perfect. He neared the first set of curves and slowed his speed a bit. What happened next would be talked about for years to come.

One moment he was cruising along at 100 miles per hour, the next a growling machine painted cobalt blue with black racing stripes burned past him like he was standing still. He could hear loud music overwhelm his sound system and caught sight of a long black braid whipping in the wind.

Klaus had chosen his moment well. They neared the first set of curves and his eyes lit up. With a smile of unholy glee, he popped a cassette into the player and hit the booster for the speakers. As the first pounding notes of Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt-Cheap) began, he stepped on the gas.

The car surged forward at his demand. He shot past the red corvette and headed into the first turn. Teeth clamped onto toothpick in his mouth he braked lightly and eased into the gas again. The car slammed out of the curve. From behind him he heard the squeal of tires.

"Hmm... you might have more under the hood, but you don't have control of it. All right, impress me. Try to keep up."

Dorian knew his mouth was hanging open. How the bloody hell had that happened? He shook off the shock. He was not going to loose!

Sadly he didn't have the other driver's knowledge of the road. All too soon he was left choking on the other car's dust.

An hour later Klaus, Zeke, Gage and Abel were gathered at their meeting point staring at their formerly calm friend. The slim brunette was rolling on the piles of cash laughing. It was a disconcerting sight to see the youth finish tallying the night winnings before cackling and throwing himself onto the bills.

"Hee hee... KJ we got enough here for new radios!"

The Iron Wolf tipped his head at his snickering partner, "Two-way or music?"

"Hell, we can do both! For all the cars!"

Zeke shook his head. "Who wants to calm him enough to drive?"

K.J. sighed, "James! Get in the car. Zeke is gonna drive the truck back."

"Aw~ Why?"

"Because you're high on bank-fumes. Come on kid, we still gotta get home before Marty does."

"Marty is already back." Came a silky voice from the shadows.

"MEEP!"

Martika Tallant shook her head as her cousin and her ward frantically tried to come up with a reason for the night's insanity. Finally she held up and hand.

"Did you win?"

"Ja."

"Was anyone hurt?"

"Nein."

"Then it's all good. Let's go home boys."

Dawn was still hours away when James shuffled from his cozy bedroom. It was shaping up to be another one of those nights. He couldn't sleep, couldn't get his mind to shut down long enough to rest. These were the nights that heralded a week of catnaps and sleep walking. No amount of warm milk or soothing music could help him.

Instead he enacted part of a ritual that had started some time before. He slowly made his way down the darkened hall to stand before a heavy oak door. His hand lifted slowly and knocked. He waited a few tense moments before he was granted sanctuary.

A callused hand bronzed by the sun drew him into the darkened room and wrapped him into a warm embrace. As he cuddled under a wedding ring quilt that covered the big four poster bed, James made a content sound, secure in the knowledge that Klaus would keep him safe from the dark memories that haunted his dreams.

Klaus sighed as he cradled the younger boy to him. James had wormed into a precious place in his heart. Perhaps James wasn't as emotionally strong as he could be, but nothing in his life had been easy for him.

It hurt to remember that thin frightened boy Klaus had found along side the road on that cold rainy night. He had been all of thirteen, coming back from the north pasture in his truck. Only the paleness of James skin had let him know someone lay in the ditch. He had pulled the over-sized 'Red Neck Mobile' to the side and jumped down.

James was shivering from cold and fever brought on by an infected gash in his leg. Klaus hadn't paused to think. He just grabbed the boy and pulled him into the warm cab of the truck. James woke a bit and struggled, but the boy was too weak to fight. Klaus would be nearly sixteen before he realized why James panicked at the sight of the older boy tugging off his jacket and flannel shirt.

Klaus had wrapped the boy into the warm dry shirt and jacket before radioing ahead to Marty. With the weather turning worse, he had thrown the truck into gear and headed for the ranch. Marty met him at the door, running into the rain to carry the slight boy into the warm house.

Marty easily handled the foundling, stripping the wet clothing from his skinny body. Then she cursed lyrically in nearly twenty languages and dialects. It was obvious that the dark haired youth was badly malnourished and bruised. Marty's mouth had tensed her lips nearly white with anger as she tenderly handled the dazed boy.

She had sent him to fetch a warm wash cloth at that point. Looking back he knew now that she hadn't wanted him to see the signs of abuse on the other boy. He still didn't know exactly what Marty hadn't wanted him to see, and it was probably a good thing. He was too high strung and would have probably gone hunting.

What he had seen shocked him. His father had never laid a hand on him. He had never been struck and certainly never beaten. The only time he had been badly injured was in the accident. But it was obvious even to his innocent eyes that the boy had been savaged by maybe even more than one person.

After the accident that had left him alone in the hospital, waiting to be sent to a boarding school by relatives that didn't give a damn about him, he had never worried if he would have a roof over his head. He might have been miserable until Marty had arrived, but he had clothes on his back. Three meals a day were provided for him. He might have lacked affection while stuck in that damn school, but he had been healthy. He had taken all that for granted until that unnamed boy dropped into his life.

By the time the fever broke dawn was painting the land with gentle fingers. The skinny boy was kept in the front room, tucked into a cot near the fireplace. Marty had left him to watch over their guest while she tended to the chores that came with the horse farm. He woke around nine and tried to leave. That pale face a mask of fear and misery... It had touched a place in Klaus' heart; made his want to protect the younger boy.

It had taken a long time for the nameless boy to trust them, almost as long as it took him to heal physically. He had been so certain that there would be a high price for the aid they had given him. The boy finally unbent enough to tell them he was called James. But he had no other name. The months that followed were strained as James learned to trust them.

Life on the street was never kind to those too small or weak to defend themselves. James was too frightened of being touched to allow them casual contact. Instead they began nightly rituals.

Before dinner they would wash up, and Klaus would dry James's hands. It took almost two weeks before the boy stopped flinching at the contact. Then they added more touches. After showering or bathing at night Klaus would help the other boy from the big bathtub and towel him off. Then they would head to the front room and sit in front of the fireplace while Marty combed their hair.

Marty was always careful to show James that he wasn't being singled out. If she hugged him, she would also hug Klaus. It was obvious that the woman did not harm her young cousin, and James slowly calmed. But even then it was not smooth sailing.

Klaus would never forget the nights that James woke them with his screams. As the dreams grew more intense, James stopped sleeping. Instead they would find him staring, hollow eyed, at the sun as it rose. The ritual of sleepless nights would continue until he was too exhausted to function. Then he would sleep, and the dreams returned.

After one particularly bad night Klaus simply picked up the trembling boy and held him. And as they sat there in the study, James began to cry. It started softly with shaky breaths and a warm dampness that dripped onto Klaus' shirt. Then, as Klaus rubbed his back and murmured softly, the dam burst. James had shuddered and sobbed, years of fear and misery came out in a torrent of harsh words.

It was then that they added the most important part of their routine to the night. Klaus brought James into his bedroom and held him all night. By the time school started that fall James was legally Marty's ward, as was Klaus. Marty never commented on the sleeping arrangement other than to smile at him.

Klaus nuzzled the dark hair near his lips and grinned into the night. The local bullies learned quickly that they better not upset James. Because Klaus did not play nicely and his friends rather gleefully watched after the younger boy. Zeke, Abel, and Gage seemed to delight in showing James how to handle the social warfare that came with school.

James had lived with them for about eight months before the adoption went through and he became James Tallant. Klaus had promptly taken the younger boy out for a night of hell raising with their friends. When they arrived home Marty was waiting for them with a cake that said, 'WELCOME HOME'. It was the first time James had cried from happiness.

James learned all the things that came with the ranch and took over the accounting and paper work. Marty had been so grateful for the reprieve that she nearly hugged him to death. It was then that his flair for making and saving money was discovered. He had a genius for ferreting out excessive expenditures without compromising the quality of the equipment and feed that they needed.
Klaus mused to himself that James might be a little scrooge but he was damn good at his job. And it took the pressure off Marty, giving her freedom to spend more time on her other work. Work that was so dangerous that he wasn't supposed to know about it.

The only reason he knew what Marty did was because a job 'went sour' on her. A few of her associates had brought her home with a cast on her right arm and bullet hole in her shoulder. Klaus had nearly panicked then. He didn't want to think about what life would be like with out his free spirited cousin.

She had sat him down after the sedatives had worn off and explained what she did. It was dangerous, but it had to be down. She was 'structurally sound' and she would always come home to him. They hadn't told James yet what Marty did when she went 'away on business'. Nor had they told him that her friends did the same work.

Klaus huffed out a breath. It figured his father was a tank commander... why shouldn't his cousin be a mercenary? Marty was good at her job and her friends looked out for one another. He had no doubts that if there was any way for her to come home, she would.

And if she ever failed to come home... He would find a way to bring her home.


CHAPTER 2

James dressed for school quickly. It was Friday... And even better, they had another invite to the Colorado NERO chapter. The eighteen-year-old all but squirmed in anticipation. It was going to be so much fun! Thankfully it was the last day of school before summer vacation and an 'Early-Out' day so he would be free to pack and leave around 2pm.

Klaus smiled as James wolfed down breakfast, grabbed his lucky spell packet, and headed to school. He was glad he had introduced his cousin to the world of live action role-play. Thankfully his college courses were already finished until fall term. He moved onto the porch, a coffee cup held loosely in his right hand.

Marty was home for the next few weeks so he was free to grab James and head for Heil Valley. Four glorious days of running through the mountains like a pack of loons. It was his one real vice... other than drag racing. Still he couldn't wait to see 'Kyliana and Kasey'

"A rogue~ing we will go... A rogue~ing we will go... Let's Roll Kei Du Fay A Rogue~ing we will go~." He sang under his breath.

Five long hours later all their gear was loaded into the truck as they headed for Boulder Colorado. The drive was long, and they arrived after 'Lay On' (1). They moved quickly to set up their camp and get into costume. James grinned gleefully as they headed for the building that served as the Westmarch Tavern. As they entered a young woman wearing a green velvet dress, black leggings and black boots bound with satin ribbon approached.

Her hair was pinned up with silver clips and a bronze dragon pendant hung about her neck. She carried a war hammer almost as tall as she was.

"Welcome to Kasey's Tavern. What can I get for ya?"

"Good eve to you Miss Kyliana. A round of your best ale if you please."

Gage, James, Klaus, Abel, and Zeke sat at a candle lit table as their drinks arrived. It was then that they noticed their barwench was limping heavily. She had donned a white headband (2) and sat down next to they.

"Guys I need to ask you a huge favor. We have about twenty PC's (3) and only five NPC's (4). Can I con y'all into playing Crunchies (5) on and off this event? I'm too banged up to run like a fruitcake through these slopes in the dark."

The quartet traded a look; "You got it."

"Excellent. Okay we got some out of town newbies from one county away... Umm names are Gloria, Jones, and Bonham..." She broke off as Zeke began to laugh.

"What?"

Gage jerked a thumb towards Klaus; "The boss here dealt a lesson in humility a week ago to the blonde one."

"Ooh tensions abound. Well go have fun. I'll track you down when we need ya for Crunchy Patrol. (6)

"Okay we're gonna go make sure no one rogues our camp. (7) We'll be back in a bit."

"Shibby, just remember. You make me Rez, (8) I make you suffer." She grinned and hefted the huge hammer across her shoulders.

As they made their way back to camp, Gage chuckled and adjusted his 'Earth Mage' robes. "Anyone in the mood for an Elf-Storm?"(9)

James choked on his tea and hitched his bow onto his shoulder, "That's cruel mean and nasty... Let's do it Calador." (10)

"No. We can do better than that." Klaus murmured as he set up a small flagpole. Then, much to the laughter of his friends, he hung a taberd that proclaimed in large gold letters, 'I Rolled Kei the Stoopid and All I got was this lousy Tabard' (11)

A tall flamboyantly dressed elf walked past and paused. He looked a tad disgusted as he read the 'flag'. They group smiled as they heard him mumble, "rassum frassum... fricking Thomas Blaise!" (12 and 13)

They quickly arranged their tents in a defensive formation as 'Calador' cast a Circle of Protection. (14) It was a favorite ploy of their adventuring team. 'Jax' and 'Tyrian' worked to set up a surprise for anyone crazy enough to try and rogue their camp. They hummed gleefully as they set the defenses. 'Abix' placed a Wizard's lock on their supply chest and then they headed back to the tavern to enter the game.

As they walked into the dim building they were greeted by a melodic voice singing. It was Dorian who was perched on a stool singing while Jones played a lute. Bonham tapped out the beat on a small drum.

~ Tell me way hey
Listen to me play
Won't you throw but a shilling or a copper my way
Tales of life, love, sorrow, and joy
Are the songs that are sung by the stable boy ~ (15)

"Hm, he can sing..." Klaus mused quietly. They quickly seated themselves at their usual table near the barbarians and watched as Kyliana flirted with Andrul. They young barbarian blushed at one bawdy comment before the young woman moved to greet them again.

"Welcome back good sirs!"

Just then a haggard figure burst into the tavern and dove behind a row of chairs.

"It's the Goblin Federation!" (16)

As one the tavern customers rose to their feet, spell packets and weapons in hand. They headed for the door, but Kyliana placed her hand on her head and tugged on 'Tyrian's' arm.

They followed her lead and entered the kitchen area of the building. Hung on the wall were several black robes. They could hear rain start to fall.

"Wanna play blood-suckers?"

James squealed and pounced on the barwench. "I'm gonna be a naughty Vampire god!"

"You need to stop watching 'Blade'. Now get into costume and go terrorize the PC's. You got Eight Drain, one Shield Magic, and one Phase. Repop once and get back here. If you have any questions, grab Orf." (15-20)

"Sir, Yes Sir!"

"Gage, don't make me hurt you..."

E~eight Dra~ain..." Klaus curled his fingers into claws and crooned the phrase. Gage and Zeke edged away from him.

"You creep me out when you do that!"

Kyliana giggled and shooed them out of the kitchen. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. It was going to be a busy night. With a chuckle she picked up her war hammer and the 'Skillet o' Whoop-ass' and returned the main tavern area.

An hour later the PC's straggled in dripping wet to see 'Abix, Tyrian, Jax, Calador, and Zarhais' playing a spirited game of Dragon Poker. (21) If looks could kill, they would be very dead. The look on their faces when the four hooded figures had emerged from the shadows in the rain was too funny!

Gabriel immediately placed a hand on his head and called out, "What do I see?"

Orf replied, "Four figures dressed as they are."

Kei Du Fay promptly discovered his inner bitch and ran like one. They managed to roll they newbies first before Gabriel and Kei, who had circled around them, opened a can of whoop ass on them. All the while Andrul mopped the floor with the crunchies.

'Jax' affected a concerned expression and tone of voice. "Oh I say, whatever happened to you chaps?"

Andrul sighed and muttered something about Vampires before seeking out the bar for a bit of refreshment. Then introductions were made.

"Tyrian, Jax, Calador, Zarhais, this is Benedict the Bard, Jarand of the Celestial Guild, and Brin the Hobling. (22) Good sirs may I introduce Tyrian the Wanderer, Jax the Raccoon Scavenger, Calador of the Healers Guild, Abix byn Star of Valadator, and Zarhais Day-Song of the Kandarius Elves."

'Benedict' smiled faintly, "Charmed I'm sure."

Kyliana chose that moment to walk past them, "Heads up boys, Nathan Hornfellow just showed up and it's May..." (23-24)

'Tyrian' had to choke down a laugh as a burly shirtless man wearing pan type horns began to hit on 'Benedict'.

"Hey baby... How you doin'?" He purred as he sidled up to the blond.

'Benedict' looked panicked and muttered "Why me?"

The MWE (Pronounced Mewie) then turned and beamed at Jarand. He in turn whipped out a spell packet and muttered, "With mystic force I command you to shun me!"

The spell packet caught the older man on the arm and he turned to move ten feet away. You could almost read 'fuck gotta keep ten feet away' on his face as he pouted. He smiled at the sight of the bar maid before she whipped out the hammer, "I'll whomp your' ass sugar..."

The night wore on until the various groups retired to their camps. By that time 'Benedict' was literally twitching.

"We have to get them."

"What's the plan then milord?"

"Let's roll them and rogue their camp. We'll steal everything not nailed down."

The others cheered at the thought. After all they knew how to do it in real life. How hard could it be to nail a handful of high school and college kids? So they roused the Rogue Marshal and headed for the little camp over the rise.

Unfortunately for them 'Tyrian' always posted a guard. And as they drew near he waited. A demented smile lit the German youth's face as he watched they group enter their camp. His team was resting inside the circle, so he had no qualms about what he was about to do. With a grin, he pressed the trigger.

BEE~EEP!!!!!!

"HOLD! YOU! ARE! FUCKED! 350 total points of explosive, fire, and acid damage!"

The Rouge Marshal blinked and muttered, "Okay let me see the tags and trap design." (25)

The groups of young men watched with glee as 'Tyrian' revealed the carefully spaced trap boxes and connected detonators. The tags for the damage were handed in as the stunned groups of would be thieves made their way to the tavern. With that kind of damage all their equipment was destroyed and they were very dead.

"Have fun Rez-in in the Circle." 'Jax' murmured.

The Rogue Marshal shook his head, "You guys are insane..."

"Says the man that invented the Elf-Storm..."

Three days later James, Klaus, Gage, Zeke and Abel were driving home. It had proved to be a great weekend. Dorian and his friends had managed to get a few good hits in but Klaus figured they were one up on the English exchange students.


Dorian eyed his car in consternation. He wasn't sure how he'd lost control to end up in the ditch, but there was no way he could get it out on his own. He circled the red car and found a blown tire.

With a disgusted sigh he pulled out his cell phone, only to find the battery was dead.

"I bloody well hate this!" He scanned the area looking for a nearby house, and found none. A chill ran up his spine as he realized he was utterly alone. No one was near if he needed help...

The sound of an oncoming vehicle drew him from his dark thoughts. He smiled gratefully as the truck slowed to a stop near the deep ditch, until he saw who was behind the wheel.

'Oh Lord, what did I do to offend you so?'

Klaus quirked a brow when he spotted the car. His late model truck had barely stopped before he leapt down to survey the damage.

Dorian scowled at his non-moving car. He waited for a snide comment on his driving. Instead what he heard was, "You hurt?"

"No I'm fine."

"Good. Hop in the truck. I'll take you up to the big house. We can come back with a tow-chain."

"Will it be safe here?"

His answer was a dazzling grin. "Yeah no one will mess with it on Rocking T land."

"What land?"

Green eyes reflected amusement, "You're one mile inside the boundaries of the Rocking T Ranch."

"I thought this was just a dirt road."

"Nope this road goes south for a few more miles and forks. Left fork to the main house, right one leads to the summer pastures."

Dorian climbed into the truck, and winced as his bruises protested.

"Though you said you were okay."

"Do not worry Herr Eberbach, I'm just bruised."

"It's just KJ or Klaus. I answer to either. My father was Herr Eberbach." With that he reached for the radio.

"Homebase this is One. Do you read me?"

"Go ahead One."

"Call Zeke and Gage. We got a 'Vette with a blown tire on the back road to the main house. Oh and get out the med kit."

"Got it, you want me to call the EMT's?"

"No it should be okay. I'll be at the ranch in fifteen minutes."

"Got it."

The two young men rode in silence for a short time before Dorian spoke again.

"I was under the impression that you didn't like me, so why go to all this trouble?"

"I didn't like the way your crew treated James. Their conduct is you responsibility, hence the lesson in humility. I don't know you enough to not like you. And I wouldn't leave a dog stranded out here." The dark haired teen spoke in even tones as Dorian latched onto the key information.

"Oh hell what did those bloody gits do? And How can I make it right?" He did not want this young man to be a continued enemy. Especially if the boys started this mess!

"We are even. But how you deal with your subordinates is up to you."

"How do you deal with yours?"

"I've found that the more you bark and snarl the faster they move. Kinda like cats." The humor in those green eyes was enchanting.

"How did you know they are my men?"

"My father was a Commander. I know a chain of command when I see it." It also helped him to watch Marti with her crew.

They fell silent as they reached the ranch house. A slim figure emerged to stand on the porch. They smaller teen called out, "Zeke and Gage already picked up the car KJ. Abel will be in later, said he wasn't feeling to good."

"Shit I hope it isn't the flu."

"If it is, I'm screwed KJ. I didn't get my shot this year."

"We'll deal with it as it comes."

Dorian was ushered inside the cool interior of the house and guided into a chair. His injuries were tended quickly and soon he was resting comfortable. He barely noticed as he was moved from the chair to the marvelously comfy couch near the fireplace.

The radio on Klaus' belt chose that moment to beep.

"Yeah go."

"KJ, where's the driver of this car?"

"Here at the big house. James just finished patching him up. Why?"

"That Tire wasn't blown... It was shot out."

"You certain Zeke?"

"I got the bullet sitting on my work table as we speak. Do we call the Chief?"

"That floating fat-man couldn't find his ass with both hands. We'll handle this in house. Get over here ASAP."

"You got it."

Klaus switched off the secure radio and eyed Dorian. "So, any ideas on who would want you dead?"

Dorian rubbed a bruised hand over his eyes, "I have no clue Klaus. It was one of the reasons I came to AMerica. I was hoping to flush out the killer."

"How long has this been going on?" James's tone was soft as he handed the shaken Brit a mug of warm tea.

"Nearly six months. At first it was little things, a car running a red light, an obstacle on a bridle path.... but then it grew serious."

"How so?"

"A fire in my townhouse, and later a gas leak. I decided to leave England, if nothing else than to protect my friends."

"So you gathered your most trusted and bailed, good idea, bad planning."

"Oh?"

"You let your enemy chose the killing ground. Normally that is very bad, but you got lucky."

"And how is that?"

"The sonovabitch is playing in my backyard now."


CHAPTER FOUR
JAPAN, OSAKA:

Sagano Kai leaned against the door of the apartment, hands covering his pale face as he slid down the hard surface. There was nothing left for him now. The race to save his irritating half brother had shown the young swordsman that nothing would ever come between Ranmaru and Enjoji.

He hadn't spoken to his father since the old man cast him form what was once his home with the words, 'Homo get out!' The old man's enemies threw his life into chaos, even if he wasn't associated with his sire.

And now Masa, the one constant in his life, was turning him away. The pain of it nearly drove him to his knees. The last few weeks proved hard, and he felt as though his life was spinning out of control. All he wanted was for the older man to take him in his arms and tell him it would be all right. But he hadn't, it was painfully obvious to the teen that the older man didn't even respect him.

He pushed away from the door and ran. Tears streaked his face as he darted past the men and women in the building's halls.

"Nothing to look forward too, no home to stay in, not really..."

He couldn't stay with Sempai and Enjoji. His once hated older brother would be in the hospital for some time yet, and Ranmaru's mind and heart would be with him. There was only one place left to go.

He placed a fast phone call to the one-person left he could rely on. His duffle bag was quickly packed and sat ready near the door. Then, he sat at the small table and wrote letters to Ranmaru and Enjoji. Enjoji's was short, just letting him know that he was leaving. He didn't know when, or if, he would return. He and Ranmaru-Sempai were welcome to his things, the key for the apartment was in the envelope. And if he hurt Sempai, he was a dead man.

The letter to Ranmaru was a bit gentler. He stilled loved the older kendoist, a part of him always would. So he explained to his idol that he was going to travel. He was unsure of when he would return. After all that had happened, he had to get away, try and find himself. He was growing up. He promised to call every so often and told him to 'Beat the pervert' for him.

He wrote no letters to his father or Masa. The pain was still too fresh. He shouldered his bag and looked about the apartment one last time. Then he hit the lights and locked the door behind him. He was walking away from the only life he'd known, and hopefully... Walking back into the light.

As the massive jet taxied down the runway, Sagano Kai looked out the window one last time. His voice was choked as he murmured, "Good-bye Masa."


ROCKING T RANCH

The phone rang out a shrill summons, disturbing the young men lounging on the couch. The movie was paused as a lean sun bronzed hand reached for the offending device.

"KJ's mule farm. Which ass do you want?"

-Klaus? -

Klaus sat up; his eyes grew hard at the tone of that question, "Kai? What's wrong?"

-Is that invitation to visit still open? -

"You know it. You remember that key I gave you?"

-Hai...-

"Go to the airport. In the locker you'll find a bag with money. Take it and book the first flight out. Bring whatever you want; we'll supply the gear. Call me with your ETA."

-Thank you Klaus. -

"You're welcome Kai."

Klaus hung up the phone and met James, worried gaze. He smiled and said, "We'll need to get a room ready for Kai."

"What happened?"

"Dunno, but I'll find out soon enough."

Dorian smiled. In the week since he'd moved into the ranch house, he had observed this young man. Klaus ruthlessly arranged patrols and security measures. Security measures that had three settings: Puree, Frappe, and 'Make My Day'. No one left the ranch alone. Instead they traveled in groups of at least three and as many as nine. He felt safe as more young men arrived in what James laughingly referred to as 'The Calling of the Pack'.

Abel called it 'Making Alphabet Soup'. Since each young man that arrived, twenty-one in all, name started with a different letter of the alphabet. In fact the only one that was missing was 'K'. He waited until James left the room before he spoke.

"Darling, why didn't you call Kai earlier?"

Klaus didn't pretend ignorance, just rubbed hand over his eyes. "He's a good fighter Dorian, he has a lot of heart. But he's been caught in the crossfire most of his life. That old goat that fathered him is a Yakuza boss. Kai grew up not knowing if his accomplishments were really his, or if the teachers at school were just afraid of pissing off his dad."

Klaus leaned back in the rocking chair and popped a toothpick between his teeth. "I met Kai while I was over in Japan for a summer trip. We got to be friends, went clubbing... And I learned a lot about him. See James and I always had Marti to love us, teach us, and be there for us. Kai had Masa, his father's second in command. "

His expression turned pensive, "From what I could see, the old man never took much interest in Kai's life, and I think Masanori-san tried to make up for it. But it isn't the same. Kids know when they aren't loved."

Dorian winced, his heart going out to the youth he had yet to meet. He knew all too well what that was like!

"I think Kai was half in love with Masa by the time he was twelve. And not puppy love, I'm talking the 'forever and a day' kind of love most people never find. But in the last few months, things have gone to hell in a hand basket for the kid. His father kicked him out when he learned Kai was gay. The man he looked to as his idol and had a crush on was nearly crippled in an accident aimed at his brother. His 'Sempai' also got involved with his brother, whom he despised... There've been a few more things that some mutual allies in Japan let me know about."

Dorian was entranced by this look into the private parts of Klaus' mind. He tugged idly at the curls that slipped over his shoulder. "Do you think Masanori-san will come with Kai?"

"No. Kai asked if he could come, not if 'Masa and I' could stay here."

"How old is he?"

"Barely nineteen. The motorcycle you've been drooling over in the barn is his. Was gonna be his graduation present from Marti, James, Zeke, Gage, Abel, and me. He's one hell of a rider, and he likes speed."

"Another racer?"

"Maybe..." The phone rang again and Klaus answered while scrambling for a piece of paper to write on.

"Tomorrow night, 10:45. Got it. I'll see you then. I'll be at the gate. Ja ne."

Klaus tucked the paper in his pocket and Dorian smiled. Daring much, he leaned over to press a fast kiss on Klaus' cheek. Startled green eyes met his and Dorian tried to pull out of range. He didn't make it. A strong hand callused from years of manual labor and guns snapped out and caught his arm in a powerful grip.

"Why did you do that?"

The nervous Brit swallowed, unable to gauge the other teen's mood by his voice. He prayed that he wasn't about to get the hell beaten out of him.

"Because... Because you're a good person." He whispered. 'And I think I'm falling in love with you,' his mind added silently. Then he was jerked down into a hard lap. He locked eyes with Klaus and saw the inner fire that made the young man 'The Iron Wolf'.

"If you're gonna kiss me, do it right." Then his lips were captured in a kiss hot enough to set stone on fire. He whimpered and pressed tight against the muscular chest, his hands found the end of the braid and removed the hair-tie. A cloak of black silk surrounded them, shutting out the rest of the world.

Dorian squirmed until he sat astride Klaus' lap. His golden hair was released form it's ponytail. The room, lit only by the glow from the fireplace, seemed hushed, sacred. His blue silk shirt was tugged away leaving his pale torso bare. He couldn't hold back a moan of desire as a scalding hot mouth found the hard planes of his chest.

Klaus was caught up in the hottest case of desire he ever experienced in his short life. Kiss-swollen lips parted on a moan of pure need. His pants felt incredibly tight as Dorian squirmed on top of his hips. Both had utterly forgotten about the boy that was now moving down the stairs towards them.

James paused to take in the scene and smiled. Dorian balanced Klaus in some elemental way. The two young men were beautiful together. He walked softly out of the room and headed for the back door. He'd join the others in the bunkhouse for the night. Then an evil smile lit his face.

"Hot damn! I won the pool!"

Dorian drew back from Klaus to catch his breath. He smiled in the firelight at Klaus' low growl.

"Let's take this someplace more private."

Dorian slid form the wonderfully heated lap with a purr of lust. He stumbled to his feet and moved back into Klaus' embrace. The two young men hurried up the stairs to the warm room Klaus spent his youth in. Dorian was never very sure of just how he ended up blissfully naked on that soft quilt while an equally nude Klaus blanketed him.

Dorian grinned wickedly and in an abrupt move, reversed their positions. Joy and passion burned in his bright blue eyes as he trailed a path of kisses to his soon to be lover's hips. Teasing licks and hot open mouth kisses sent Klaus higher, burning away any doubts he might have had.

The touches to that oh so hard flesh continued until Klaus thought he might scream. Dorian kissed his way back up the length of his lover's body and husked out, "Oil, anything of the like?"

Blue locked with green once more and Klaus lifted a shaky hand to open the nightstand drawer. From within he extracted a condom and a small jar of ointment. Dorian's eyes lit up. He sat up, straddling Klaus once more and opened the jar.

With his free hand he captured one of Klaus' and pressed kisses to the palm. Then he dipped the callused fingers into the salve and murmured, "Get me ready."

Klaus groaned at the blatant eroticism the Brit displayed. He eased his hand over smooth flanks until he reached what he sought. The tiny opening was slowly teased into surrender by tender caresses. Dorian moaned, nearly sobbing, when the touch finally went deep.

Klaus licked his lips the sight of Dorian arched over him, writhing in time to the movement of his fingers, only inflamed him more. He lunged upward to suckled at the base of that elegant milky throat. Dorian was his now, and he would wear his mark!

Dorian hissed and bucked suddenly, his eyes glowing like jewels. "Now... gods darling don't make me wait any longer..." He keened softly as something larger and latex covered forged into him. He trembled from head to heels as a quick thrust filled him.

He braced his hands on that broad sweat-sheened chest and sat back. A pair of hot hands gripped his hips, starting him in a rhythm of tight circles. He tossed his head, the golden curls danced down his back to tease tense thighs. He didn't know how long he could hold out. He wanted to move, he wanted it hard!

"Darling... Please... Want it. Need you... Unn... Sweet Wolf... Ah..."

Sweat soaked Klaus' long black hair as he battled for control. Everything in him wanted to pound into that tight silky body, to tattoo his claim on this golden treasure. He bit his lip and let his movement get rougher.

Dorian crooned his approval as he began to bounce with each upward thrust. His arms lifted to tangle in his hair. He swayed like an erotic sacrifice to the beautiful war-god beneath him. Light and dark, warrior and rogue, two sides of the same coin... Balanced.

Dorian began to shake above Klaus, his tense body hovering on the edge of completion. He sobbed and husked out pleas for mercy.

"Klaus... Please... I want to... Need to..."

With skill he didn't know he possessed, Klaus slightly changed his angle and jerked Dorian down to meet his savage thrust.

Blue eyes widened and for a moment time froze. Dorian convulsed, shaking with the force of it. Wracked by pleasure, he couldn't make out the words Klaus ground out as he joined him in rapture. Finally the Englishman collapsed like a puppet whose strings were cut.

They lay there like that for long moment, trying to regain control of trembling limbs. The blonde made a soft slightly pained sound as Klaus withdrew from his body. He was hushed by a soft kiss before his lover stumbled to the bathroom on shaky legs. The sound of splashing water failed to hold his attention and he drifted for a few moments.

Reality intruded on his contented daze, accompanied by a warm wet cloth. He sighed as evidence of their passionate loving was tenderly removed. Warm hands parted his thighs to stroke gently, searching for something other than soreness.

He reached up with languid arms and pulled his wolf down. "I'm fine darling. That was bloody amazing..."

As he drifted off held snug in his lover's arms, he heard Klaus murmur, "Marti was right. It is worth waiting for."


1. Lay On-: The event has begun and everyone is in play. IE The real world no longer exists

2. White Headband-: You are out of game, invisible, you can also place your' hand on you head to speak or act 'out of game'

3. PC's-: Player Character, Those whom plot seeks to fuck over

4. NPC's-: Non Player Character AKA Those Plot uses to fuck over PC's

5. Crunchies-: Low level monsters or villain also known as cannon fodder

6. Crunchy Patrol-: Groups of monsters who lay in ambush or attack the tavern. They tend to get smacked by the Tavern Owner and her crazed barmaid when they threaten to 'burn the tavern'

7. Rogue a Camp-: Steal all In Game goodies IE Weapons, Spells, etc Also often involves leaving booby-traps. This must be done under the supervision of a Rogue Marshal. Rogue Marshals make sure everyone play nicely and stays in game.

8. Rez-: Resurrect in the circle. This annoys the hell out of certain barwenches. Basically you're 'dead' for over five minutes and no one has hit you with a 'cure light wounds', 'First Aid', or 'Healing' spell.

9. Elf-Storm-: A very nasty Trap. It was created by a character named Kei Du Fay AKA Pinky (Why yes I am The Brain however did you guess?)

10. Okay during the event you call everyone by their' In Game name. Klaus is Tyrian a fighter class character, Gage is Calador an earth caster/healer, Zeke is Zarhias the elf ranger, Abel is Abix byn Star of the town of Valadator. The last major battle of the undead War in our chapter was fought there. James is a Raccoon Scavenger named Jax.

11. It's a long story but in the NERO Chapter that actually exists in this area of Colorado there are green t-shirts that have this written on them. Email me and I might tell you the story behind it... And To Roll someone is to knock them out or kill them and rob them blind.

12. Yes ladies and gents this is Kei 'The Stoopid' Du Fay. He is played by my cousin.

13. Thomas Blaise, Head of the Westmarch Healers Guild and all round dirty old man. (LOL) The Reason Kei is upset with Thomas is because he created the Tabards and sold them to the goblins in Valadator.

14. Circle of Protection-: No one not invested (IE Invited) may enter the circle. Also nothing harmful may enter the circle.

15. Stable Boy is performed by Heather Alexander and in my mind is the perfect song for Dorian...

16. Only Plot would create a band of semi-intelligent, fairly organized goblins for the PC's to battle.

17. Drain-: Drain energy &/or life by eight points

18. Shield Magic-: Protection from one attack

19. Phase-: you 'vanish' and reappear wherever you want to be

20. Rpop-: You step out of game and come back in playing the same type of character unless otherwise directed

21. Orf-: Orf is Da Man when it comes to NPC-ing. He can play everything from a corpse to a Necro-chump to any Crunchy or Baddy you can imagine and he does it with 'Style'. Dude should be an actor

22. Dorian is Benedict the Bard, Jones is Jarand of the Celestial Guild and uses 'celestial magic', and Bonham is Brin the Hobling. Hoblings are creatures of greed. I was going to make James' Character a Hobling but figured that was over-kill

23. Nathan Hornfellow is a Mystic Wood Elf. They are Tri-sexual. They'll try anything. Again my cousin often plays this character when plot needs him. He is as straight as a board but he really gets into the Nathan mentality when playing this role.

24. May is Mystic Wood Elf mating season. Basically anyone with a pulse looks good to them.

25. To have a trap like that you first have to purchase the skill. They you have to gather the components which need 'tags'. For a trap of this magnitude you would need several boxes or chests spaced at least ten feet apart and networked together. A trap like this will destroy everything not rendered indestructable. Its another job of the rogue marshal to make sure traps like this are properly prepared and would actually work.